CHILDREN’S PANCAKES MADE EASY!
Hello, and welcome to my new website. I’d like to start be wishing you a happy Pancake day! In today’s blog I’ll be sharing a pancake recipe which you can use to create alongside children. It’s fun, simple and above all really tasty. I hope you enjoy!
PREPARING YOUR MIX
- Gather all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) in a large bowl. Hollow out a place in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Melt your butter in a microwave (using a microwave safe container). It’s OK if your butter is not completely melted!
- Add the eggs, melted butter and milk and vanilla into the centre of your bowl. Whisk together either with a balloon whisk or electric hand beaters until smooth then pour into a jug.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre with the back of your spoon then add the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk together (with adult supervision) with either a balloon whisk or electric mixer until your batter is smooth and all lumps have disappeared.
NOW IT’S TIME TO COOK YOUR PANCAKES! (THIS WILL REQUIRE ADULT SUPERVISION)
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and grease lightly with vegetable oil.
Add a ladle of your pancake batter! Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
TIME TO GET CREATIVE
- Once you’ve finished frying your pancakes, it’s time to decorate!
- You can customize your pancakes with fruits, chocolate chips or even syrups and use these ingredients to create animal or fictional creatures.
- You can have a look at a video below for some inspiration. Please let your imagination run wild and be as creative as possible
I hope you’ve found this blog useful. I also hope that you’ve had a great experience making these delicious pancakes with your children, friends family and loved ones!